Agnieszka Chiapperini concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance coverage & bad faith and third-party liability, including construction defect, products liability and premises liability. She represents an array of clients ranging from individuals to corporations, working closely with each client to develop a personalized defense litigation strategy from pre-suit through trial and appeal.
Her clients know that Agnieszka brings a unique perspective and set of abilities to her work, leading to proven and effective results. She utilizes her deep knowledge of defense litigation strategies and negotiation skills to achieve favorable results during settlement, mediation, arbitration and appeal, obtaining optimal results for her clients through successful summary judgment motion practice and appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Agnieszka served as an associate at two leading defense litigation firms in Florida. During her tenure, she represented individuals and companies in a variety of defense litigation matters, including construction defect, premises liability, product liability and appeals.
Agnieszka earned her J.D., summa cum laude, from the St. Thomas University School of Law. While in law school, she acted as the articles solicitation editor of the St. Thomas Law Review. She also served as treasurer of the Student Bar Association and the Association for Women Lawyers and was a research assistant to the Legal Writing Department.
She holds a B.S., summa cum laude, in health science from the Florida Gulf Coast University.
Agnieszka lives in West Palm Beach with her husband, daughter, and their two dogs, Blueberry and Sweet T. She loves to travel and explore different cultures, especially trying new cuisines. Agnieszka spends her free time having fun with her family and friends, ideally in outdoor activities that include the pool or the ocean.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Treasurer, Palm Beach County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2022 – present
- Member, The Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court, 2022 – present
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 2020 – present
- Professionalism Committee
- Lawyers for Literacy Committee
- Construction Law Committee
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2016
- Acted as appellate counsel to two homeowners associations in Palm Beach County in premises liability cases whose favorable summary judgments were being appealed and was successful in having both judgments affirmed by the appellate court.
- Represented a foreign compressed air manufacturer in lengthy products liability litigation and subsequent appeal that was resolved in the client’s favor.
- “The Role of Expert Witnesses in Construction Lawsuits,” Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Construction Law Committee, 2022
- “Overcoming Imposter Syndrome and a Case for Civility and Professionalism from the Start,” Palm Beach County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, Panel Moderator, 2022
Publications – Author
- “Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Challenges of Supervision During a Pandemic,” Author, Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin, 2021
- “A Right Without a Remedy: Time Runs Out Before the Right to File Accrues for Successive Habeas Corpus Petitioners,” Author, St. Thomas Law Review, 2018
- “Pulling the Plug before the State Flips the Switch: When Can a Lawyer Ignore his Client’s Wishes in an Effort to Escape the Death Penalty,” Author, St. Thomas Law Review Forum, 2018
- “Second Grade Math: Does New York’s Requirement of a ‘Discounted’ Pastrami Sandwich Violate Free Speech?,” Author, St. Thomas Law Review Forum, 2017