Erica Bury concentrates her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation and employment litigation and counseling. She has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, including conducting research and drafting dispositive motions, pretrial motions and appellate briefs for filing in state and federal courts as well as arbitrations.
Clients turn to Erica for her holistic and solution-based approach to resolving legal issues. This approach produces proven and effective results for clients, including dismissals and satisfactory settlements.
Erica pursues her passion for education as an adjunct professor at her alma mater, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where she teaches legal writing. As a legal educator, she works with first-year law students to develop their knowledge and skills in legal analysis, writing and professionalism.
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2023
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Adjunct Professor, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Secured victory for clients in the Illinois Supreme Court which issued a decision affirming riparian owners’ rights to protect property interests in creeks, rivers and streams
- Drafted a successful appellee’s brief in the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Served as second chair in a commercial arbitration.
- “Cyber Resilience in 2022,” Segal McCambridge Internal CLE Seminar, 2022