Ian Singer concentrates his practice in first-party property defense, equine law, general liability, contract law, municipal law, commercial real estate, creditors’ rights and technology and cyber risk litigation. Ian provides his clients with the highest level of service and creative solutions to solve their complex legal problems.
He serves as co-chair of the Florida Defense Lawyers Association’s First Party Property Committee.
After obtaining a B.S. in economics and a master’s degree in urban and regional planning, he served as a city planner. After receiving his J.D. from St. Thomas University School of Law, he practiced creditors’ rights law and contract law before transitioning to practice municipal and local government law.
Ian lives in Boca Raton, Florida, with his wife and son along with their dog Gizmo and cat Knicky. When not working, he can be found at the beach or listening to Jimmy Buffett.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Co-Chair, First Party Property Committee, Florida Defense Lawyer’s Association, 2020 – Present
- B’nai B’rith Justice Unit, 2019 – Present
- Broward County Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- Archivist & Webmaster: Kehillat Israel Cemetery Foundation, 2010 – Present
- Pro Bono Counsel / Volunteer: Gateway Community Outreach; 2016 – Present
- Obtained summary judgment at the trial court level for a homeowner’s insurance company in a first-party property case.
- Represented homeowner’s insurance company in a first-party property litigation matter where the property was sold to a new owner during the pendency of the insureds’ claim and the new owner entered into a separate contract for repair of the property. Summary judgment granted in favor of the insurance company. The matter is currently pending appeal in the Fourth District Court of Appeals.
- Serves as pro bono counsel for Gateway Outreach Foundation in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
- Resolved cases through negotiation and mediation.
- Drafted and argued various pretrial and summary judgment motions.
News & Events
- “Case Law Study Hall,” Olympus, 2022
- “Analysis of two first-party property appellate cases,” Mezadieu and Trif , Florida Defense Lawyers Association Roundtable, 2020