Joshua Pagan concentrates his practice in commercial, professional liability and entertainment litigation. He has extensive experience handling cases in federal, state and administrative courts as well as in arbitration proceedings. He utilizes skills in drafting, research and negotiation to achieve optimal results for his clients.
Clients turn to Joshua for his innovative and effective skills conducting and managing his caseload from inception through trial. He is adept at both written and oral discovery, including fact investigation, document review and analysis, legal research, depositions, Illinois Supreme Rule 201(k) conferences and discovery motion practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Joshua served as an associate for a commercial litigation firm. During law school, he served as a law clerk honing his research and drafting skills and as a judicial extern for the Illinois Appellate Court, First District.
Joshua earned his J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law where he received the Pro Bono Notation and the Latina/Latino Alumni Association Academic Scholarship. He was also active in moot court, competing in the UCLA Williams Institute Moot Court Competition and the Frederick Green Moot Court Competition.
Joshua holds a B.A. in political science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Joshua lives in Chicago and is always on the hunt for his new favorite coffee shop.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Associate Board, Meals on Wheels Chicago
- LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago
- Represented a graphic novel publishing company in a copyright and trademark infringement action against a former licensee. Prevailed on motion to enforce settlement agreement.
- Successfully defended reality competition show contestant in a defamation action seeking $5 million in damages. Prevailed on motion to dismiss of all claims with prejudice.