Nathan Law defends companies in product liability and premises liability actions with an emphasis in toxic tort litigation. He serves as local counsel for large corporations, developing and executing defense strategies to provide quality, value-driven representation while minimizing client risk.
He has extensive experience in all stages of pretrial litigation, including motion practice and deposing both fact and expert witnesses.
Nathan strives to be the first advisor clients turn to in difficult, high-exposure cases. He maintains a diverse practice and has experience assisting clients in a variety of litigation matters, including medical device litigation, nursing home litigation, automotive warranty claims, contract disputes, and FDCPA and TCPA claims.
Nathan and his wife live in Chicago. Outside of his work with Segal McCambridge, Nathan can be found coaching trial advocacy teams for his law school, playing trombone with the Chicago Bar Association’s Barristers Big Band and rooting for Penn State and Liverpool football clubs.
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020 – present
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Trial Team Coach, University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, 2016 – present
- Trombone Section, Chicago Bar Association Barristers Big Band, 2015 – present
- Mentor, Penn State College of Liberal Arts Mentor Program, 2019 – present
- Served as first chair in a Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, matter in which an author sought to void a publishing contract for lack of performance. Secured a bench trial victory on behalf of the client author against the publisher.
News & Events
- “Manufacturing a Run: How Major League Baseball Can Use the Morals Clause to Clean Up Baseball,” 48 John Marshall Law Review, 2015
- LexisNexis Illinois Personal Injury Handbook, contributing editor, 2018 – present
- “Article III: Standing in Cyber-Breach Litigation,” The Brief, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association, 2019