Craig Hodgson primarily focuses his practice on matters pertaining to product liability. He functions as the national coordinating counsel for six Japanese automobile and motor sport manufacturers, overseeing a vast portfolio of toxic tort cases that encompass claims associated with asbestos, silica and benzene exposure spanning the nation.
Craig spearheads and orchestrates all facets of defense strategy. His responsibilities encompass litigation management, encompassing the collection and safeguarding of client documents on both domestic and international fronts, coordination and facilitation of discovery processes, development of case strategies, cultivation and support of national experts, preparation and training of corporate witnesses and comprehensive trial readiness.
Additionally, Craig’s reach extends to a wide network of local counsel throughout the country, where he shares insights into client company history and strategic approaches. From initial investigative stages through ultimate case resolution, he offers ingenious problem-solving and forthright judgment in an economically efficient manner.
- Selected to California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2009 – 2010
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, 2002 – present
- Litigation Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco, 2012 – present
- California Bar Association, 2003 – present
- Litigation Section
- Youth Soccer Coach, Dixie Youth Soccer Association, 2012 – 2014
- Board of Directors, Marin School of Environmental Leadership, 2016 – present
- Board of Directors, Terra Linda Orcas Swim Team, 2010 – 2016
- Serves as National Asbestos Coordination Counsel to six automobile and motor sport clients.
- Representation of foreign and domestic automobile and motor sport clients in complex personal injury trials.
- Responsible for assisting clients with the selection and preparation of foreign and domestic corporate witnesses.
- Selection, retention and preparation of expert witnesses in product liability cases nationwide.
- Development of discovery strategy and preparation of responses to discovery and production of documents.
- Conducts investigations and advises clients as to risk potentials in complex product liability disputes.
- Conducts company-wide fact investigations and trains local counsel in various jurisdictions as to client company history and defense strategy.
- Provides clients with creative problem solving and candid judgment in a cost efficient manner.
- “Dealing With Friction: Recent Developments in Asbestos Cases,” ABA Motor Vehicle Product Liability Litigation Conference, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section April 2023
- “Dealing with Friction: Developments in Asbestos Cases,” ABA Motor Vehicle Product Liability Litigation Conference, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, 2022
- “Handling Friction: Developments in Asbestos Litigation,” panelist, ABA Emerging Issues in Motor Vehicle Product Liability Litigation Conference, 2012