Jennifer K. Thai boasts an extensive and diverse litigation background spanning fifteen years. Her practice encompasses the representation of international, national, and local clients across various domains, including products liability, toxic torts, personal injury, labor and employment matters, insurance claims and broader civil litigation defense.
Jennifer showcases her versatility and dedication to achieving optimal outcomes for her clients in a variety of complex legal scenarios, adeptly managing complex cases filed in California and throughout the United States. Her role revolves around facilitating clients and their management teams in attaining their business objectives in a resource-efficient manner. She achieves this through a combination of litigation strategies, negotiation skills, counseling, innovative problem-solving, pragmatic approaches, thorough familiarity with clients’ operations and strategic decision-making.
Jennifer thrives both in courtrooms where she effectively presents her arguments and in crafting persuasive written submissions for court consideration. Within the realm of the litigation she handles, she brings substantial experience in collaborating with experts, along with devising and implementing inventive investigative and discovery strategies.
- Selected to Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Civil Litigation Defense, 2016 – 2023
Professional & Civic Involvement
- California Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- California Minority Counsel Program
- Represents many manufacturer defendants in asbestos products liability litigation as both local counsel and as part of a National Coordination Counsel team.
- Manage large caseload as lead attorney for multiple clients in all phases of asbestos products liability litigation, including pleadings, discovery, law and motion, and trial preparation.
- Represents a start-up technology company, providing legal advice on a wide range of issues the company faces.
- Represented a foreign product manufacturer in a traumatic brain injury case, and achieved a dismissal of the manufacturer by successfully moving to quash for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Represented a food service industry employer in two wage and hour matters.
- Represented a restaurant chain in a fire casualty matter during pre-litigation and litigation phases.