Madina Axelrod defends companies in high-stakes product liability, toxic tort and commercial litigation matters. She has served on various firm committees. Currently, she serves on the Executive Committee and is co-chair of the firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee formulating and shepherding firm’s activity pertaining to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. She is also chair of the firm’s Toxic Tort/Hazardous Substances practice group.
Based in New York, she serves as national coordinating counsel, regional counsel and local counsel for multinational equipment manufacturers and other companies in asbestos litigation, tapping her extensive experience in federal and state courts to manage complex claims.
Madina understands the financial and reputational damage claims can bring, and she advocates to resolve issues as quickly as possible. With this philosophy, she has obtained countless dismissals for equipment manufacturers in commercial and toxic tort actions.
After obtaining her J.D. from Moscow State Academy of Law in 1997, Madina practiced law in Moscow serving as in-house counsel for Russia’s largest brewing company. In 2002, she obtained her LL.M. from Cornell Law School.
Her fluency in Russian, diverse education and work experience give Madina a unique perspective in solving problems for her global client base.
Professional & Civic Involvement
Madina is a committed advocate for those without access to legal resources. As a volunteer for inMotion, she counsels and represents women in New York City regarding various legal matters. She also advocates for the rights of the homeless through her involvement with HELP USA, formerly HELP New York.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for several major U.S. companies.
- Resolved cases nationwide through negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
- Drafted and argued various pre-trial and summary judgment motions.
- Prepared and presented key corporate witnesses for Rule 30(b)(6) depositions.
- Successfully represented an international pharmaceutical company in a multimillion-dollar contractual dispute that resulted in appointment of a receiver.
- Negotiated acquisition of a Russian domain name for a U.S. company.
News & Events
- “Hot Topics in Toxic and Environmental Law.” In-House Counsel Panelist: “The Dos and Don’ts for Outside Lawyers,” American Bar Association’s 26th Annual Spring Meeting, 2017