Masood Ali concentrates his practice in the areas in general litigation and employment law, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. He works hand-in-hand with his clients, providing creative solutions to complex legal issues with a pragmatic approach to resolve matters at the onset of litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Masood served as an associate for an employment litigation firm in Chicago. As an associate, he played an integral role in all stages of the litigation process, including drafting motions, conducting depositions and serving as first and second chair for a number of pivotal hearings before the Illinois Labor Relations Board, Illinois Human Rights Commission and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He also previously handled real estate matters.
Masood earned his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law with a certificate in labor and employment. While attending law school, he served as a labor & employee discipline clerk for Chicago Public Schools and as a legal extern for a labor and employment litigation firm.
He holds a B.S. in business and marketing from DePaul University.
Masood lives in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago with his wife. Masood is an avid sports fan and particularly loves basketball. In his free time, he maintains a website focusing on NBA personnel moves pursuant to the NBA salary cap.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Labor and Employment Committee
- Muslim Bar Association of Illinois
- Secretary and Board Member
- Arab American Bar Association of Illinois
- Judicial Evaluations Committee
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Illinois General Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
News & Events
- “Religious Accommodations in the Workplace Post Groff v. Dejoy,” Moderator, The Chicago Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Committee CLE Seminar, 2023
- “Illinois 2008 Biometric Information Privacy Act (“BIPA”),” Segal McCambridge Internal CLE Seminar, 2023