Steven Rosenblatt concentrates his practice on product liability, toxic tort and commercial litigation. He serves as national coordinating counsel, regional counsel and local counsel for various asbestos litigation defendants, including several Fortune 500 companies.
In addition, he has represented major defendants in silica, pharmaceutical, tobacco, medical device, DES, latex glove, ephedra, fen-phen, oil spill, World Trade Center and other mass tort and product liability litigation. Other representative matters include cases pertaining to contract disputes, construction defects, medical testing, personal injuries, property damage, fee disputes, intentional torts and alleged Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violations.
Attendant to his asbestos representation, Steven has conducted seminars on various aspects of asbestos litigation, industrial and other products, best practices for national coordinating counsel, negotiation, deposition techniques, legal writing and corporate witness deposition preparation.
Steven is the managing shareholder of the firm’s New York office. He has served on various firm committees, including the Executive Committee. He is presently chair of the Associate Development Committee, which oversees the firm’s mentor-mentee program. He was formerly associate editor of the Segal McCambridge Toxic Tort Newsletter.
Steven received his B.A. cum laude from Cornell University and his J.D. cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. At Cornell, he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi academic honor societies.
Steven’s hobbies include the Beatles, astronomy, writing and film. An avid traveler, Steven has been to all 50 states (and all 10 Canadian provinces) and is currently on round two with his son, Alexander. He lives in Manhattan.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York Bar Association
- Cornell Ambassador
- H.E.L.P. – New York
- Amnesty International
- Drafted/argued appellate motions in relation to spoliation and privilege issues in high-stakes toxic tort litigation.
- Drafted/argued summary judgment and other dispositive motions in asbestos and oil spill cases.
- Conducted seminars and CLEs for numerous general litigation and asbestos litigation topics.
- Conducted corporate witness training programs for Rule 30(b)(6) depositions.
- Drafted trial and other briefs, including on duty to warn issues.
- Obtained dismissals or negotiated thousands of asbestos and other litigation matters.
- Client-Specific Local Counsel Training, various engagements
- Corporate Representative Deposition Training, various engagements
- Deposition Techniques, various engagements
- Legal Writing, various engagements
- National Coordinating Counsel Best Practices, various engagements
- Negotiation Strategy, various engagements
- Various Asbestos Litigation Topics, various engagements
- “The Household Exposure / Secondary Exposure Case,” Mealey’s Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference, Los Angeles
Publications – Author
- “Preparing the Corporate Witness for Deposition,” Toxic Tort Newsletter, Segal McCambridge
- “Notice Requirements of Insured to Excess Insurance Carrier,” co-author, New York Law Journal