Jeffrey Marchese focuses his practice on complex litigation, including construction litigation and counseling, premises liability, sports, recreation and entertainment and transportation. He has experience preparing and arguing motions, preparing cases for arbitrations and trial, attending court appearances throughout New York, taking and defending depositions and preparing medical experts for trial. He is a member of the Sports, Recreation & Entertainment, Transportation and Construction practice groups. Jeffrey currently serves as a co-chair of the Associates Committee.
Jeffrey has lectured on discovery as well as emerging trends in construction defect litigation and premises liability issues. He litigates cases throughout New York and New Jersey, beginning each matter by thoroughly investigating the strengths and weaknesses of potential defenses, as well as how to exploit or defend each one.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, he worked as an associate at a variety of litigation defense firms where he managed high-exposure personal injury and property damage cases. He also served as an intern for the Suffolk County Attorney’s Office. He obtained his J.D. from Touro Law Center and his B.A. cum laude from the University at Albany. At Albany, he was elected to Phi Alpha Theta academic honors society.
Jeffrey lives in Bergen County, New Jersey, with his wife and dog Cannoli. Outside of his work in the legal arena, he enjoys film, traveling and cooking.
- Selected to New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020 – present
- Phi Alpha Theta
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Claims Litigation Management (CLM)
- Construction Claims Community
- Property Committee
- Young Professionals Community
- Bergen County Bar Association (NJ)
- Mock Trial Coach
- American Bar Association
- Reviewer, Judicial Intern Opportunity Program
- Contributing Editor, Litigation News
- New York State Bar Association
- 11th District Representative, Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section
- New York City Bar Association
- Civil Court Committee
- Successfully drafted and argued appellate motions in relation to premises liability and construction liability issues in high-exposure litigation.
- Successfully drafted and argued summary judgment and other dispositive motions in construction, premises liability, motor vehicle, and general litigation cases.
- Conducted a seminar on Construction Defect litigation and a CLE on premises liability
- Obtained dismissals and favorable settlements in high-exposure litigation
News & Events
- “Slip and Falls: Common Legal Theories,” Bridge the Gap CLE, Marino Legal Academy, 2023
- “Necessary Discovery Guide,” Rossdale CLE, 2023
- “Necessary Discovery Guide,” MyLawCLE, 2023
- “Premises Liability: Common Theories,” Marino Legal Academy Virtual CLE, 2022
- “Emerging Issues in Construction Defect,” Perrin National Construction Defect Conference, 2022
- “Slip and Falls: Common Theories,” New York State Bar Association, 2019