Mari Bryn Dowdy defends companies of varying sizes in commercial litigation, product liability, catastrophic personal injury, toxic tort and construction defect matters.
She manages the national coordinating defense of multinational equipment manufacturers and serves as local counsel for companies in asbestos litigation. She also defends clients in a variety of tort and commercial litigation disputes, counseling clients through high-stakes litigation while managing complex claims in both federal and state courts.
Mari Bryn has extensive experience in all stages of litigation from initial analysis and pre-trial workup through trial. She has obtained summary judgment and voluntary dismissals for national and local clients in a variety of specialties.
She is an active member of Forward Together, the firm’s women’s initiative.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mari Bryn worked as an associate at an insurance defense firm in Houston.
She earned her J.D. from Baylor Law School. During law school, she was a member of the National Civil Trial Competition Team, National Trial Competition Team and the ABA National Appellate Moot Court Team. She was named to both the Order of Barristers and the dean’s list. She holds a B.A. with honors in sports management from The University of Texas.
Outside of work, Mari Bryn enjoys spending time with her husband and dog exploring Austin’s hiking trails, greenbelts, lakes and parks. She also enjoys traveling, supporting local restaurants and food trucks, and cheering on the Texas Longhorns.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Austin Bar Association
- Manages national coordinating counsel defense for several major U.S. equipment manufacturers.
- Drafted and argued various pre-trial and summary judgment motions.
- Prepared key witnesses for corporate representative depositions.
News & Events
- “Turf Wars: Texas Court Says the Remedy for a Defective Artificial-Turf Field is Limited to the Manufacturer’s Warranty and Leaves ISD with the Replacement Cost,” Sports Litigation Alert, 2022
- “The Fight Off the Field: Legal Issues Surrounding Compensation of Female Professional Athletes,” New Jersey Lawyer, February 2021
- “Case Involving Field Manufacturer Highlights the Need to Preserve Error and Get a Written Ruling on Objections to Summary Judgment Evidence,” Sports Litigation Alert, 2020