Chris Best focuses his practice in first and third-party no-fault insurance defense, insurance defense and insurance coverage. He applies skills in advocacy, legal research, discovery and writing to achieve optimal results for his clients.
Chris helps clients with crafting a solution to their problems, applying his passion and motivation at every step of the process. His clients know that Chris brings a unique perspective and set of abilities to his work, resulting in proven and effective results in Michigan No-Fault Law.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as an associate practicing insurance defense and expanding his knowledge of Michigan No-Fault Law. He has previously served as an associate for one of the largest debt collections law firms in Michigan where he handled subrogation and debt collection lawsuits. He has also previously practiced as a senior associate at a tax litigation firm, assisting clients with their tax and Bank Secrecy Act needs.
Chris earned his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. While in law school, he was awarded the CALI award in admiralty, bankruptcy and financial integrity. He also served as a law clerk at a litigation firm.
Chris obtained a B.S. in economics, magna cum laude, from Central Michigan University.
In his free time, Chris can be found spending time with his wife, daughter and son. He also enjoys playing hockey with his friends – a sport that he played growing up.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Board of Directors, Michigan Creditors Bar Association, 2017 – 2020
- Oakland County Bar Association, 2013 – 2017
- American Bar Association, 2013 – 2015
- American Bar Association, Taxation, 2014 – 2015
- Humane Animal Treatment Society, 2009 – 2010
- Golden Key International Honors Society, 2009 – 2010
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Business Fraternity, 2010
- Professional Development Chair, Phi Alpha Delta, 2009 – 2010
- Obtained a favorable no cause defense verdict in Macomb County, Michigan in a PIP trial based on fraud defense
- Secured a no-cause verdict in a Oakland County Circuit Court in defense of an automobile negligence bodily injury claim.