Geoffrey Leskie creatively and zealously represents his clients in a wide range of litigation and transactional matters. He concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of commercial and business litigation/disputes, commercial real estate, employment law, and insurance defense in the areas of professional liability, trucking/transportation and the defense of first- and third-party Michigan auto claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Geoffrey worked both as a criminal prosecutor in Florida and at a boutique litigation firm in nearby Ann Arbor, Michigan, so he is no stranger to the courtroom. Geoffrey believes in a results-driven approach to the practice of law that has served him well over the years, and he prides himself on his ability to focus on the details of any matter while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
Apart from his few years in sunny Florida, Geoffrey is a life-long Michigander and a proud Michigan State Spartan who enjoys spending time with his wife Summer and their dogs Merlin and Freya – often in beautiful Northern Michigan.
- Rising Stars, 2019 – present
- MADD Southwest Florida Outstanding Prosecutor, 2016
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Detroit H.E.L.P. Program
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Section
- Insurance and Indemnity Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Negligence Law Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
- State Bar of Florida
- Trial Lawyers Section
- In March 2022, obtained summary dismissal of all clients in a highly contested and complex wrongful death lawsuit involving multiple corporate entities in Wayne County Circuit Court.
- In September 2021, obtained dismissal of the named individual shareholders of a sophisticated trucking company where the plaintiff attempted to pierce the corporate veil in the Eastern District of Michigan.
- In August 2021, obtained a six-figure summary judgment for a commercial landlord based on the tenant defendant’s failure to strictly adhere to the requirements of MCR 2.312 during litigation.
- In June 2021, obtained summary dismissal with prejudice of a legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit asserting alleged conflicts of interest in an underlying estate planning and trust lawsuit.
- In April 2019, obtained summary dismissal for a commercial client who had been accused by the plaintiff of violating the Michigan Self-Service Storage Facility Act.
- In December 2018, obtained dismissal with prejudice for two clients in a third-party no-fault action following an aggressive and thorough approach to discovery depositions where other involved drivers ultimately conceded under oath that the clients were not at fault.
- In August 2018, obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a legal malpractice lawsuit based on the plaintiff’s repeated failure to comply with the court’s multiple discovery orders pursuant to MCR 2.313.
News & Events
- “Webinar on Force Majeure, Frustration of Purpose and Impossibility/Impracticability in Commercial Leases,” Segal McCambridge Covid-19 Webinar Series, 2020.