Michael Luchsinger is an accomplished litigator sought after for his compassion and dedication to his practice. He has extensive experience overseeing labor and employment matters involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Illinois Wage Payment and Collections Act and the Biometric Information Privacy Act. He regularly appears before the Equal Employment Rights Opportunity Commission, Illinois Department of Human Rights, Illinois Human Rights Commission, Illinois Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board and Illinois state and federal courts.
In addition, Michael has deep trial experience defending clients in catastrophic cases alleging construction, trucking and motor vehicle negligence. He has tried nine cases to verdict and assisted in the defense strategy of high-profile cases.
Michael helps clients with determining courses of action both as an advisor and litigator. He understands that employment disputes are often difficult situations to work through and if possible, will find a way to resolution that satisfies his clients. However, there are certain situations that present no other option but litigation and, in those cases, Michael prides himself on his dedication to achieving the best possible outcome.
Michael lives in Wheaton, Illinois with his wife and two children. He is a dedicated runner and has completed 10 marathons.
- Selected to Illinois Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyers, 2022
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association, 2013 – present
- “Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims,” National Business Institute, webinar, 2022
- “Pleadings & Motions: Civil Practice Tips & Examples,” National Business Institute, webinar, 2021
- “Wage and Benefit Issues for Employers,” National Business Institute, webinar, 2020
- “The National Labor Relations Board: Obligations and Compliance,” National Business Institute, webinar, 2020
- “Social Media Policies: Balancing Employer Needs and Employee Rights,” National Business Institute, 2019
- “FLSA Essentials: Practically Applying the Most Recent Legal Perspectives,” National Business Institute, 2019