Mandy Kolodkin is a seasoned litigator who focuses her practice on products liability, toxic tort, transportation, environmental, life sciences, professional liability, cyber security, and general liability claims. With a comprehensive grasp of litigation’s intricacies, Mandy adeptly navigates all stages of litigation—from the initial fact investigation and liability assessment through trial—and regularly argues motions in state and federal court.
She utilizes her unique background, which encompasses journalism and public relations, in conjunction with her legal expertise to provide clients with comprehensive crisis management services. Her commitment to her clients is unwavering, and her exceptional advocacy has led her to collaborate closely with congressional and ambassadorial staff to shape policies related to adoption.
Mandy graduated cum laude from Indiana University, Maurer School of Law, where she was the recipient of numerous academic awards and the Michael Maurer School Merit Scholarship. She is an active member of the Indianapolis Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar, and the State Bar of Wisconsin.
In 2021, Mandy left Chicago to establish a Segal McCambridge office in her hometown of Indianapolis, Indiana, where she resides with her husband and daughter.
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ for Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2024
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2022 – present
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Illinois State Bar
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a client in multi-case professional liability claim.
- Obtained summary judgment in a contract dispute involving a services contract.
- Obtained dismissal for a medical device manufacturer in a wrongful death case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a product manufacturer in a multimillion-dollar wrongful death case alleging asbestos exposure.
- Successfully defended an attorney against a disciplinary complaint made by a former client.
- Obtained dismissal of a claim pursuant to a prior, unrelated settlement agreement.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of a transportation client where the plaintiff sought $3,000,000 at settlement conference.
- Obtained summary judgment for a premises defendant prior to the commencement of discovery.
News & Events
- “Safety Matters: On and Off the Road,” Moderator, Women in Trucking Association’s 2023 Accelerate! Conference & Expo, 2023
- “How do Women in Law and Insurance Advance Toward Leadership Roles,” Panel, Perrin Conferences Women in Insurance and Litigation Conference, 2023