Kenneth Williams defends corporations in complex coverage, property, product liability and commercial litigation matters. He represents insurance carriers and individual corporations in coverage and personal injury litigation.
Ken is regularly tapped for consulting and research on current and upcoming industry trends, technology, standards, best practices, concepts and solutions for risk management and compliance. He serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and is co-chair of the firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
His extensive experience in federal and state courts includes a successful civil jury trial practice in Michigan, Illinois and Florida.
In addition to his trial litigation practice, his experience includes cybersecurity coverage consulting and litigation, counseling insurers on an array of coverage issues, rideshare coverage and injury litigation, and representing insurers in bad faith and declaratory relief lawsuits in cases involving general liability, homeowner, auto and E&O policies.
Ken is a national conference speaker for several insurance and casualty organizations and has held speaking engagements across the United States educating insurance carriers and claim representatives in matters and best practices relating to litigation.
Earlier in his career, Ken had significant experience at the appellate level, including post-appellate submission work that required an oral argument before the Michigan Court of Appeals. He previously served as a managing attorney for a national insurance carrier.
- Michigan Leading Lawyer, 2019 – 2021
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100, 2021
- Lawyer of Distinction, 2019
- Top Rated Lawyer in Business by DBusiness magazine, 2019
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Christian Legal Aid of Southeast Michigan
- DRI Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Michigan Center for Civic Education, high school mock trial volunteer
- Wayne State University Black Law Alumni Council
- Wayne State University, mock trial judge
News & Events
- “How to Effectively Handle Depositions in Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation: A Practical Guide,” Webcast Panelist, The Knowledge Group, 2021
- PLRB Eastern Regional Adjusters Conference, 2020
- PLRB Central Regional Adjusters Conference, 2020
- PLRB Eastern Regional Adjusters Conference, 2019
- PLRB Central Regional Adjusters Conference, 2019
- PLRB Central Regional Adjusters Conference, 2018
- PLRB Homeowners Liability Coverage: Current Trends Webinar, 2018
- PLRB Western Regional Adjusters Conference, 2018
- Wayne State University Law School, Trial Advocacy Program Judge, 2018
- DRI Diversity for Success Conference, Planning Committee, 2015 – 2017
- Detroit Bar Association, Law Day 2017 Detroit Educator, 2017
- Wayne State University Law School, Trial Advocacy Program Judge, 2017